Sunday, September 02, 2018

::letting it go::

It is that time again...the time that basic bitches thrive on. And I'm allowed to say such things because I am totally one of them - and damn proud of it! LOL.
I mean, I can't speak for everyone, but I can most definitely speak for myself and I freakin LOVE Fall! I am OBSESSED with everything Fall-related. Honestly. 
There is just something absolutely extraordinary about this season and I am eternally grateful that I am able to live in a province that has the most beautiful Autumn season. 
Even the simplest words can evoke such a visceral feeling in the pit of my stomach which I can only describe as joyous. Honestly! It pains me to say it because of how cliche it sounds but it's true. 
I love the colours. The clothes. The smells. 
The rotting leaves. The crunchy sound they make. 
I love pumpkins and apple orchards. Pies and baked goods. 
Hearty foods and stews. I love boots and huge sweaters. Cool weather and Fall clouds - yes, Fall has clouds! You know those days...where the sky is painted a cobalt blue so rich it looks surreal and ominous iron-coloured clouds that crowd the sky in blinding white auras. Looks like any minute it would rain but the persistent sun peeks out here and there. With that comes the biting breeze which causes you to prematurely whip out the fleecy, comfy clothes. You know what I'm talking about. 
My last Fall I spent in New York City for my Mom's 50th Birthday (if you can believe she's fifty!) and it was such an amazing time. Honestly! I never really wanted to visit New York but I would go back in a heartbeat. That city is an entire world of it's own! And it's funny because just the other day (when it was a sweltering +40C out there with the humidity back in Ontario) the Pumpkin Spice Latte came out...and myself, being as basic as they can get, could not WAIT to get my hands on a venti of that chemical-laden, sugar-overloaded (DELICIOUS) $6 concoction. Let me tell you...it did not disappoint...and not in the way that you may be thinking...the taste was not bad at all, don't get me wrong...but it literally transported me to October 2017 in Manhattan...where my Dad ordered me a PSL in Soho and I spotted the gorgeous Candice Kumai - whom I chased down the street to get a picture with (and she was the sweetest EVER)...and we both ended up in St. George's Park 10 minutes later (I swear I didn't follow her people!)...anyways, just everything about that moment, that day completely reminded me of being in an episode of Gossip Girl - which, strangely enough, reminds me of Fall as well....I would torture my other half with wine-soaked evenings marathoning the show and eating friend chicken from Mary Browns (odd, I know) with the crisp coloured trees overtaking our little oasis (in the old digs) with the windows cracked open, candles and fireplace going and also hiding under wool blankets. 
Anyways...it's just funny how little things like that can completely take you away from the present moment and into a bubble of utter charm. 
Some of my most cherished memories are in the Fall - I don't know why...but for some reason I feel so ridiculously alive during this time...there is a quote that says it so well...speaks to me in so many different ways when looking at this season and life in general and that is: 


So go ahead...let go of what has happened thus far...cherish the good, sift and ditch the bad and become your very own special Fall leaf and float ahead into a new Season with a crisp and fresher perspective on life and on yourself. I know that this year I am going to make the most of it. 
Fall is MY New Year..and I can't wait to celebrate all September and October long! 








-S.*

27 comments:

  1. Books, rain and coffee is what I crave for

    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram :-Stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearty foods and stews. I love boots and huge sweaters. Cool weather and Fall clouds - yes, Fall has clouds! You know those days...where the sky is painted a cobalt blue so rich it looks surreal and ominous iron-coloured clouds that crowd the sky in blinding white auras. Looks like any minute it would rain but the persistent sun peeks out here and there. With that comes the biting breeze which causes you to prematurely whip out the fleecy, comfy clothes. You know what I'm talking about.
    cotton bed sheets , cotton coverlet , cotton bed sheets , nishat linen bedding , summer bedspreads , queen comforter sets , jaipuri razai single bed , slip covers , buy cushions online

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really an amazing article. Your article is really good. Please share something on Weswox Abbe Refrecrometer as your article has always good content with informative information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting site, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
    Eye Drape

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pleased to hear that you are considering the moving company Gustav Ulm KG from Dortmund for your upcoming move. It seems that the company offers a wide range of services to help you with your move. From transporting your furniture to assembling your kitchen and hanging lamps, they can help you with all your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leading CRM Strategy agency
    dedicated to helping companies scale
    their CRM investment

    A CRM system is more than just software; it's a growth engine.
    We specialize in turning your CRM investment into a powerhouse for business expansion.
    Stop missing out on revenue-generating opportunities and start harnessing the full potential of your CRM.
    Boost your sales pipeline and revenue with our comprehensive,
    proven services in revenue marketing, strategic marketing, and marketing technology

    ReplyDelete