Wednesday, January 09, 2013

::giuliana:rancic::




I never really cared much for Giuliana Rancic when I saw her hosting E! or any award shows that I may have caught in the past...the only thing that caught my attention was how fit she was...or stupid-skinny, whichever you prefer. 
It wasn't until I sat down with Chichi after a kickass workout with Jillian and I saw there was a marthon of Giuliana and Bill on E! one afternoon that I began watching and than got a bit more interested in the show. She really was thin!
But she also worked out and took care of herself, not to mention I would love to raid her closet. I don't know what it is about skinny people though...I guess I sorta have an obsession with them...it gives me a little bit of inspiration and motivation to get my ass up off the couch and work it out and eat healthy when I see 'em! 
Not only that but I admired how strong Giuliana is after fighting cancer and just how honest she is as well after watching the show.
So that's why I decided to do this next little bit on her...about her diet and fitness...and also just some style hits, because this woman seriously knows how to kill it on the red carpet.

Of course everyone is envious of this Italian American's svelte and killer body which you can catch on TV every night as Giuliana is a host on E! and has her own show with her husband Bill Rancic called Giuliana and Bill. 
She is definitely a busy woman and a lot of people are dyyying to know about her fitness and diet regime. 
Giuliana isn't shy to share what she does and doesn't do with regards to her diet and fitness program. She shares on her website giulianarancic.com that she actually doesn't have time to eat breakfast since she workouts very early (5 am!) so she kickstarts her day with a Yerba Mate cup of tea which she claims gives her the energy to power through her early morning workouts. 
Throughout her day she drinks a lot of teas as well as Kombucha which eases out her cravings. Usually by 7am she will eat grapefruit and an egg white omelette with vegetables and herbs. By mid-morning she will have her favourite snack, which is Kashi TLC bars. 
For lunch she will have chicken breast as her protein with a large side of steamed broccoli or any other vegetable. 
Snacks consist of (again) Kashi bars as well as organic fruits such as apples and for dinner she loves to eat sushi or will order grilled foods like fish. 
Giuliana also avoids white sugar and white flour (bread, pasta, etc) although she will allow herself to indulge once or twice a week. 
Giuliana dishes, saying that to lose weight and aspire to having a killer bod to drink plenty of liquid, eat healthy and try to have cheat days so you don't feel deprived. 
Here are some more tidbits form Giuliana that can be found on Shape (magazines) website. Top 5 fitness tips from Miss Rancic.

Giuliana Rancic Fitness Tip #1: Give Yourself BTN (Better than Nothing) Days
Giuliana works out about six days a week, but only three of those days are for challenging workouts. She may do 45 to 60 minutes of walking and running intervals on the treadmill, in addition to weight training. "The other three days I have a BTN workout—better than nothing. I'll walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes while I am reading and then do 20 minutes of weights."

Giuliana Rancic Fitness Tip #2: Become a Fitness Aficionado
Giuliana doesn't just hit the gym, she hits the books. "I love books on diet and fitness. I go through all of the magazines and I rip stuff out all of the time. I keep everything. I have binders." Giuliana tries out the tips she finds most interesting and incorporates them into her life and now, her website.

Giuliana Rancic Fitness Tip #3: Take Control
Giuliana is the picture of composure when she's interviewing stars on the red carpet, but this self-control didn't always extend to her personal life. After gaining a little weight several years ago, Giuliana turned to a nutritionist to regain control of her diet and sugar cravings. "I swapped out sweets for fruit, and then I slowly weaned off so much fruit." Giuliana curbed her sweet tooth and said goodbye to sugar hangovers.

Giuliana Rancic Fitness Tip #4: Know When to Say When
Giuliana and her Apprentice-winning husband Bill Rancic publicly struggled with fertility on their reality show Guiliana & Bill. But the couple has decided to take a break from making weekly doctor visits their top priority. "The process is daunting, and it's worth it, but after a while, you need a break. It has been amazing, and I feel like I've found myself again." Giuliana has a positive outlook on the possibility of having a baby. "If we do, wonderful. If we don't, we are still in love, we are still family, we will still have a very full life."

Giuliana Rancic Fitness Tip #5: Get Hooked on the Feeling
Giuliana used to turn to the mirror to measure the success of her sweat sessions, but not anymore. "What motivates me more than anything is knowing that how I take care of my body today will determine how I feel tomorrow morning." The day Giuliana started thinking about fitness as a way of life instead of a chore, everything changed, she says. "It isn't about being skinny. It's about feeling good. When I am in shape, I can conquer anything."




 
















25 comments:

  1. I like Giulliana too but I don't think that she looks the way she does by working extremely hard, maybe just to maintain herself. Some people have the skinny gene, that's the horrible truth. Anyway, kudos for her for fighting cancer!

    www.affordablefashionforyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, that's true Simona...I guess you never really know with celebs though, right? It is said (and photogged) that she gyms it a lot, but who knows. And definitely, some people just have the skinny gene. I wish I were one of them!!! Lol.

    -S.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment Sausan. :) Of course I'd love to follow one another. :)

    -S.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. indeed, well done for being such a fighter! Guess she can inspire us all :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, This is just so awesome post! Loved it (: Are we following yet?!xx

    xoxo ♥
    www.fashionholicsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU LOOK GOOD AND HEALTH AS LONG U PUT UR MIEN IT TO WHAT U WHAT TO DO AND ON LIFE ITS ALL GOOD AND GOD WILL WATCH OVER U AND LEAD U THE RIGHT WAY. ALWAYS AND UR FAMILY AND. BE TOGETHER. JUST. BE POSITIVE AND FAITH ALWAYS HOPE U HAVE A OTHER BABY. SOON.SO YOUR. SON CAN HAVE SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH AND IN LIFE WHEN HE GROW UP :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed following your blogs. Keep posting!
    Also read: Differential Equations Assignment

    ReplyDelete