Tuesday, February 05, 2019

::direction::


I’ve been at this blogging thing for a bit – but have gone off the radar, back on, off again…I enjoy writing a lot…and get inspired by so many things – want to get a creative as possible, but for whatever reason there are things that hold me back. I guess many of us go through these feelings from time to time – where we don’t trust our own selves to be the best we can be…or rather, what if our best self isn’t “good enough”? You’ll often hear people say that you should talk to yourself the way you would talk to a loved one or best friend – you would never tell them that they couldn’t do something or that you don’t believe in them, so why is it so easy for us to do it to ourselves? I mean, it becomes second nature in some cases to the point where you don’t even realize that you are in fact, slamming yourself down into the ground day in and out. 
I think this negative self-talk, paired with procrastination and oftentimes feeling like there are never enough hours in the day (which is complete BS!) lead me astray from some of the goals that I have for myself. From doing some of the things that I am completely passionate about. 
And all because I am “comfortable” – despite my being unhappy with the path that I am currently on career wise, it pays the bills, right? Not only that, but I am also afraid of what others will think – which is another thing in itself that is sad. Why can’t my voice be just as important as others? In retrospect, it is…but that fear is what holds me back. My comfort is what holds me back. And my unhappiness is what keeps reminding me that I’m not meant to be doing what I am currently doing and I need to step outside of that comfort zone and do things for me!

It’s important in the blogging world to have a sort of niche – I started with one, and then eventually got to a fork in the road…I decided to split myself in two, which lead me to another, which divided me up and as you can see now this blog is just absolutely all over the map. I have everything from high fashion to celeb gossip, fitness to bodybuilding to food to random rambling and book wishlists…I mean, these are all things that I love…but…it doesn’t contribute to anyone’s well being really…does it?
So I have decided that I will dedicate at least 30 minutes of my time, daily, to brainstorming and figuring out what my own niche is. What actual direction I want this blog to go in. I might end up going to an entirely different domain (which has happened before to no success) and just continue on with this one and babystep it. But perhaps it’s time for a fresh start? As much as I love this blog there really isn’t any continuity or consistency in my thought process or the direction The Darling is headed.
I really think that it might be a more nutritional based approach, take some of my schooling and throw it in there…and I might still have some inspo-type posts….but, it’s time to grow up a bit.
Thanks to all those that have stuck by me (although I’m thinking there aren’t many of you left)…and here’s to a better year (last year was no Bueno) and one where I demand myself to step out of my comfort zone at least once a week! This is one of those I guess…I’ll be sure to keep everyone in the loop.

-S.*

35 comments:

  1. Welcome back!

    HeyMikie | Heymikie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author. I want to encourage continue your great writing. Thanks for sharing your nice topic.
    Buy Real Active Twitter Followers

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back!!! the blog definately does not look distorted or out the place
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article and great information thanks for sharing your thoughts best school in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share this with us, I for one feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic. Please share some more useful info on List Of Best Schools In Sharjah also. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am frequent visitor of your website as i love to read out the articles posted on your website. At the same time i request to post some great article on List Of Best Schools In Ajman and similar as well. Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share this with us, I for one feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic. Please share some more useful info on Ternopil National Medical University also. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work. Please share something on best british schools in dubai also. Keep it up.Keep blogging.Looking to reading your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking the time to discuss and share this with us, I for one feel strongly about it and really enjoyed learning more about this topic. Please share some more useful info on Dubai International School also. I can see that you possess a degree of expertise on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uday Kotak of Kotak Mahindra bank, has formed a group of some sly people, who accompany him in every misdeed. Those people are their strength, and in exchange for this devotion the group gets complete blessings. Is this a healthy industry or business tradition?

    Dr. Santosh Kumar Bagla
    Santosh Kumar Bagla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ya, it's very true relay impressive content. Please share something on British Curriculum Schools In Sharjah. And again a very thanks for sharing this kind of post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "
    We are the team from Tropika Club Magazine.

    Tropika Club Magazine is your leading online magazine for the discerning male and female Singaporean. We cover various topics of interest, ranging from beauty and vogue for her, and grooming and style for him, as well as city and destinations and top picks. To learn about Tropika Club's Search Directory for Beauty and Wellness Services, please click on this link

    Check out some of our articles below; they are a good read:

    1. 4 Signs that you are developing Hormonal Acne

    2.""Stress Turns Hair White,"" Discovered by Scientists (male)

    3. Singapore's Solidarity Budget for COVID-19 Explained

    4. How To Shave Your Bikini Line with these Easy Tips

    5.7 Things that can Influence your Breast Size "

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am frequent visitor of your website as i love to read out the articles posted on your website. At the same time i request to post some great article on Height Adjustable Grossing Station and similar as well.Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am frequent visitor of your website as i love to read out the articles posted on your website. At the same time i request to post some great article on Microscope Stage Suppliers In Ambala India and similar as well.Thanks !!!

    ReplyDelete