Friday, March 23, 2012

::potato:croquettes::

I haven't posted a recipe in quite a while so I think it's time to post one up for you guys. Recipe times is definitely one of my favourite things to blog about...I love food. I especially love blogging about food when I am hungry (lol, weird, I know). 
There is a great issue of the Food Network magazine out there that I would like to pick up at some point when I get back to the G.Dot and hoping it is still there. I also have had time to review some books while in California so there is definitely a fantastic list I have to share with you guys. 
I also got some pretty wicked gifts for some people back home {just a couple - don't get too excited, some of you, lol} and I will post that after I give the gifts to the people's. Can't ruin a surprise now can I?
The weather here has been pretty good. It was supposed to rain all day today but it has been sunny like crazy and quite warm to boot where it got to a point where we had to put the AC on in the car! 
But anyways...I hope everyone is having a great week so far...the weekend is finally here for you! Hope everyone has some fabulous plans. :) 

So the other night my Mom and I watched Bitchin Kitchen {she has never seen the show before and thorougly enjoyed it}. The first episode {since there are usually 2 new ones that air each week} was of all desserts and the second there was a delicious steak and potato croquette's recipe that my Mom immediately wanted the recipe for {particularly the croquettes} so I decided that I am going to share the recipe that was on the show with you. :))

Bon Appetit!


Nonna's Potato Croquettes
Servings: 4

Ingredients
Russet potatoes {4, large}
Garlic {1 clove, degermed and minced}
Extra virgin olive-oil {1 teaspoon plus more for frying}
Parmigiano Reggiano {1/2 cup grated}
Fresh flat-leaf parsley {1/2 cup, minced}
Salt and pepper
3 eggs
Italian-seasoned bread crumbs

Directions
1. Slice potatoes into chunks. Place them in a large pot of salted water, boil about 15 minutes until fork-tender, and then drain.
2. In a frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic clove and saute 2 minutes until golden. Set aside. 
3. In a big bowl combine the cooked potatoes with grated parmesan, the sauteed garlic and the oil from the pan, parsley, a small pinch of sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper. Roughly mash it all together and let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. 
4. Once the mash has cooled, roll a bunch of croquettes into any shape you like. {Roll them up into 1/2-inch thick fingers.}
5. Beat the eggs in a bowl. Dip the croquettes in the eggs and then coat/roll them in the Italian-seasoned bread crumbs. 
6. In a large frying pan, heat 1/4-inch of olive oil over medium heat. Throw in a small pinch of bread crumbs to test the temperature. When the tester crumbs start sizzling fat, it's time to get cracking. 
7. Gently place the croquettes in the oil. Roll them around for a few seconds until the breadcrumbs are golden all over, and they're done. 
8. Place the fried croquettes on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil and shake off immediately until placated.


And there you have it. Finally a recipe from me, eh!? Lol. 
I got this from a blog {http://liliana-tommasini.suite101.com/bitchin-kitchen-cookbook-review-a101577} -- sorry for the long link. But you can also find this in Nadia G's cookbook {I am pretty sure it is in there...lol} or the cooking channel's website as well. 
Give this a try and let me know how you make out. :)) 


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment