Thursday, April 25, 2013

::crispy:fish:bake::

I haven't posted a recipe in a long while so decided I will do that to start our Thursday morning. :) I need to figure something out for dinner tonight - something heeeealthy so I will peruse some of my bookmarks and see what I can come up with. But this next one looks and sounds pretty delish so thought I would share. 

Bon Appetit!


Crispy Fish Bake
Prep: 10 min / Total: 40 min / Makes: 4

Ingredients
1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1-1/2 cups boiling water
3 cups frozen broccoli florets
1 can {10 fl oz/284 mL} condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1 cup Kraft Double Chedder Shredded Cheese
4 frozen breaded fish fillets, such as sole, haddock or cod {about 12 oz}

Directions
PREHEAT over to 400°F. Spread rice in 8-inch baking dish. Pour boiling water over rice. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 5 min. Uncover.

ARRANGE broccoli over rice. Mix soup and water; pour over broccoli. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with fish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. 

BAKE 30 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Simple enough! 
I am not sure how I feel about "baking" rice...but I might give it a shot...or I might just tweak the recipe around a tad. We shall see. But it sounds good enough! 


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment