Tuesday, July 02, 2013

::couscous:&:haddock:salad::

In The Kitchen...

It appears to me that my fonts are all over the place on this blog...but I figured it out rather quickly that I am using Century Gothic when posting and if you don't have that font then you are going to get some sort of generic one when you read the blog. Sorry. I love Century Gothic. :P It makes typing up posts so much more fun. Yes. I am obsessed with fonts. 

HAPPY WEEKEND!!
Gawd, I love the weekends. Especially in this new apartment. I woke up rather early this morning, 5am...yea, I am crazy...and been cleaning, kitchen, stove, living room, dusting...I still have bathrooms and laundry but it is only 8:16am here on my end and I decided I would already have a break. 
Lou'e is laying here with me as we peruse cookbooks as we are starting a healthier lifestyle...I was going to start it on Monday...but decided, today is a good day as any. 
A lovely friend from the UK {Hi, Jan!!} sent me a wonderful salad recipe book and I have been looking through it for inspiration. Salads are healthy after all but they don't necessarily have to be boring.
So I found one that definitely doesn't sound boring and incorporates a handful of ingredients I love. This would probably be great the next day for lunch as well. 
Here is a very unbarring salad recipe! ;)

Bon Appetit!


Couscous & Haddock Salad

Ingredients
175g {6 oz} couscous
125g {4 oz} cooked, smoked haddock, flaked
50g {2 oz} cooked peas
Pinch of curry
2 spring onions, sliced
1 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 small hard-boiled egg, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt and ground black pepper

Directions
1. Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Drain if necessary.
2. Mix the couscous with the smoked haddock, peas, curry powder, spring onions, parsley and egg.
3. Toss with the olive oil, lemon juice and plenty of salt and pepper to taste, then serve. 



There you have it!
I might buy fresh haddock and then back it in the oven if I can't find the smoked kind {smoked can get expensive too}. Definitely going to give this a try! :))
By the way, this recipe is from the book "Good Housekeeping Salads & Dressings".


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment