Friday, March 15, 2013

::autumn:mushroom:pasta::


Okay, I have been saying this over and over the past week; that I WILL be making manicotti tonight and I never do! I am such a procrastinator. The other night I had mad cravings for mushrooms and than last night I HAD to have potatoes...but tonight I will...WILL...make the manicotti, as the King-Man wants 'em. That is what I dubbed my boyfriend. Lol. 
Anyways...TGIF. I am so glad that it is Friday, that means the weekend is almost here...just a few more hours...well...8, but whose counting? 
Two weeks today until California! I am so excited to be going home for 15 glorious days. I will be leaving on Good Friday and coming back the 16th. I just love going back home. I love being with my parents and just how being there is a melting-pot of comfort. 

I love the things we do which could be absolutely nothing, or seeing new things. We were going to go to Yosemite this year but Trav and I are bringing Lou with us and there are no dogs allowed there! Hmmm...maybe next time though. 
I just need a break from all things G.dot to be quite honest, and come back with a new and fresh perspective. I am so glad and lucky to be able to bring Lou'e with me too. :) 
This weekend is a busy one...Trav and I are also going to be looking at apartments since we will be moving by the Summer...I think we found the perfect one, a little far, but totally worth it I am sure. I won't post any pictures yet, I will take some pics when we go there tomorrow. We are seeing two spots unless we find something else again today. Might as well just look at all our options. 
I'm also thinking of changing my blogger font...Courier is getting old...I now that was random...
So yea...blablabla, I am rambling now. 
Here is another recipe, since I love mushrooms. :P 
Don't worry, I won't make this one tonight...because manicotti is on the menu. Lol. 


Bon Appetit!


Autumn Mushroom Pasta
This recipe is from the Sweet Paul Blog.

Ingredients
1/2lb mushrooms, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup chicken stock
1-1/2 cups cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill


Directions
Start by cutting up 1/2lbs mushrooms and finely chop 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves. 
Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until mushrooms start to golden and the onions are soft. 
Add 1/2 cup chicken stock and 1-1/2 cup cream and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper. 
Cook up enough pasta for 4 {or two, whatever}, remember to add salt to the water. 
Boil until al dente. 
Strain and place in a bowl. 
Add the sauce, mix and serve with shaved Parmesan on top.




-S.*

1 comment:

  1. You have very amazing blog, dear! Love it! :)
    I hope you wanna follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin. Pls let me know? ;)

    Join my GIVEAWAY for winning $30 Chicnova voucher!
    HERE : sausanhanifah.blogspot.com/search/label/Giveaway

    ReplyDelete