Thursday, June 06, 2013

::italian:wedding:soup::

In The Kitchen...

I need to figure out what I want to make this weekend in the slow cooker as well as try out my new skillet {which reminds me, I need to wash it}. The possibilities are endless. My friend over in the UK also sent me an awesome pasta and slowcooker cookbook and the recipes in there look absolutely delicious so I am definitely going to have to give them a try. Thanks Jan!! :))
But I did stumble across this recipe the other day on the Yummy Mummy Club web site. I can be quite the picky eater...and soups I am especially particular about, I don't like onions or anything really chunky or creamy but I really need to traverse different flavors and heighten my palate. I will never know what various things taste like if I don't try.
Therefore, I am picking a random recipe that I usually wouldn't try and give this a try...it actually looks quite good! 

Bon Appetit!


Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup

Ingredients
1 cup small sized pasta
6 ounces baby spinach, washed and trimmed
Meatballs:
1/4 pound ground chicken
1/4 pound chicken or turkey sausage, casings removed
2/3 cup bread crumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
2 large eggs, lighly beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
Soup:
1 cup yellow onion, minced
3 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
10 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup fresh dill, minced

Directions
Place all soup ingredients in the crock pot.
In a medium bowl combine the meatball ingredients. Shape the mixture into meatballs.
Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and pan fry meatballs until browned, about 4 minutes. Add the meatballs into the crock pot.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours. 15 minutes before serving add the baby spinach into the slow cooker. Before serving, prepare the pasta and add into individual bowls, ladle soup over top. 
Serves 4 - 6. 

There is one recipe for you! There are more to come! Especially after discovering the Bon Appetit magazine! Lol! :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment