Thursday, April 21, 2011

::recipe::

I haven't posted up a recipe in a while so away we go! I love posting up recipes. Because I love food. Who doesn't though. Lol. Usually on the weekends I let myself go a bit and eat whatever. Pasta here. Pizza there. But I seriously gotta start incorporating fresh veggies and food in general that I make myself. Because then I know exactly what goes in and how much of it. This recipe is found on the Martha Stewart website - she has everything on that site. I love it so much.
I think I will try and share more then one recipe with you guys today. Let me know what you think and if you tried any of the recipes in previous posts or if you're going to give one of these guys a shot.
Bon Appetit!


Smoked-Salmon Cobb Salad
This modern spin on the classic Cobb replaces chicken with smoked salmon, a nice match to crisp bacon and creamy buttermilk dressing.
Yield: Serves 8.

Ingredients
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced shallots {from 2 shallots}
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Freshly ground pepper
8 ounces bacon {about 10 strips}
1 head Boston or bibb lettuce, leaves torn into 3-inch pieces
3 large hard-cooked eggs, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
3 ounces smoked salmon, flaked with a fork into bite-size pieces
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice

Directions
1. Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, shallots, dill, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl until well combined. Season with pepper. Cover, and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.

2. Arrange bacon in a single layer in a large saute pan, and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels. When cool, crumble bacon into bite-size pieces.

3. Arrange lettuce on a platter. Top with bacon, eggs, salmon, and avocado. Drizzle with 1/2 of the dressing. Season with peper, and serve with remaining dressing on the side.


This recipe definitely sounds interesting and I am tempted to give it a try sometime over the weekend if my bf doesn't tackle me to the ground for making yet another seafood-esque type recipe. Lol. Let me know if you guys have tried a salad like this before and how it tastes. :)


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment