Wednesday, June 01, 2011

::fishies::

I am such a huge seafood fan and lover that it's not even funny - and when it comes to my favorite herb with seafood, or anything for that matter, the first thing {other then Rosemary} that comes to mind is DILL.
Yummmmy yummmy dill weed. Yum!!!
I love dill weed and love when my Mom is in Canada on a trip because whenever we go grocery shopping she takes a bunch of dill weed for me and chops it, puts it into little zip lock bags and then I can throw them in the freezer and take them out whenever I please. No muss no fuss. 
I just love the smell of it. If I could bottle that smell up and wear it as perfume I would.
Ha ha ha. 
I would smell like a farmer's market. 
Anyways! 
Here is a little recipe for you guys from the MyRecipes website. 
Definitely sounds refreshing and looks super appetizing.

Bon Appetit!


Baked Flounder with Dill and Caper Cream
Fresh dill contributes sharp flavor and feathery elegance to this simple flounder recipe. Since heat diminishes the potency of fresh dill, it's best to add it to the dish near the end of the suggested cooking time. 


Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings {serving size: 1 fillet and about 2 tablespoons cream}

Ingredients
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 {6-ounce} flouder fillets
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons capers, drained
4 lemon wedges

Preparation
1. Prehead oven to 425°.
2. Sprinkle pepper and salt evenly over fillets. Place fish on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes; sprinkly evenly with dill. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. 
3. While fish bakes, combine sour cream and capers in a small bowl. Place fish on a serving plate. Squeen 1 lemon wedge over each serving. Serve with Caper Cream. 


I found this recipe on the website but you can also find it in the Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House, April 2009 issue. 
I am sure you guys can use your imagination when it comes to figuring out side-dishes to this lovely entree...such as potatoes or steamed veggies...maybe even rice? 
Hope you enjoy!
Eat healthy!!


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment