Wednesday, June 29, 2011

::fitness::

I recently purchased the latest issue of Fitness magazine with the every lovely and super fit Jillian Michaels. I wanted to just share with you guys some of her q&a's that were in the magazine - the interview was by Stephanie Dolgoff and I just really admire Jillian for all that she's done in her life and for others. :) So read on! 


Do you feel pressure to be in perfect shape?
JM: There's definitely a lot of pressure, but I kind of like it because it's an incentive for me to keep on track. I'm so far from perfect. There's a misconception that I'm at the gym everyday.

What's your typical workout routine?
JM: I usually go to the gym three to four times a week. I work out hard when I go. I just kill it, whether it's doing kettlebells, mixed martial arts, Spinning classes, or power yoga. I get bored easily, so I need something that's going to keep me focused. I mix it up. Everything I do is a combo of body resistance and cardiovascular endurance. 

Does it drive you crazy when you don't get to exercise?
JM: I feel aggravated. But I don't bug out about my body, because I know how to get myself where I need to be in two weeks. 

Do you think that living your best life means being fit?
JM: I would say that you don't need to be ripped. But do you need to be physically healthy? Of course you do. That's the platform you build your life on. It's about being healthy and energized and feeling strong so you can enhance the other areas of your life. 

You were overweight as a kid. Are you still influenced by an inner fat girl?
JM: Having been the bullied kid, I have a tremendous empathy for the underdog. I struggle against that feeling of being out of control, and so I'm hyperfocused on being in control and helping others get it. I don't have sympathy for the underdog though. I feel like that's, Aww...you are weak, poor you. [Bleep] that! I will say, it's not easy to make a change. I understand that. It's not easy for me, either. But you can do it. 

Is it possible to have the perfect body?
JM: No. What you can have is your ideal body. I think people need to stop focusing on body image and start focusing on health. When you do that, it's all going to fall into place.


There is way more to this interview you guys so make sure you pick up the latest issue of Fitness from newsstands. Jillian talks more about weight-loss and staying motivated as well as what some of her faults are, what she hates doing at the gym but does it anyways and about her adopting a new baby from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. 




-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment