Friday, February 01, 2013

::poison:study::

So, I am on the last chapter of my book “Poison Study” by Maria V. Snyder and I am mildly infatuated with it. To the point where I have an urgency to read the second installment of this book and am beyond excited that they are going to be on their way soon (thanks Kev!). Honestly, I don’t want to say too much, as it may spoil it for anyone that plans on reading it but I highly recommend it.

When I had mentioned in a previous post that the beginning was a tad stagnant and that it lacked any structure I was wrongbecause everything came together halfway through the book and I finally understood.

You can't just read the first few chapters and think you have it figured out and I think the reason as to why I did that was because I was looking for something better than Divergent and Insurgentalthough this may not be better I mean they seem to be two totally different genres one dystopian and the other more medieval - I think it comes in close. I definitely hope for more than 3 books in the Study series by Snyder; that is for sure.

I find it marvelous how one can become attached to characters/story line when you read books I think that is why I love reading so much. Some books have the ability to take you out of your reality and transport you to a different time and place. Sometimes you can really connect with a character on an array of different levels and to me it is just culminating when you find a book that flows effortlessly. I’m not just talking about this book but so many that I have read in the past.
I am a total book worm and nerd, no joke.

Anyways! I wanted to share, since I said I would. Now, we have been lacking in editorials lately so lets get started, shall we?

Kristina Salinovic by Benjamin Lennox for How To Spend It.









-S.*

{Source: NoirFacade}

No comments:

Post a Comment