Friday, February 01, 2013

::spicy:chicken:stirfry::


Awe, how utterly disappointing. 
My books didn't show up via UPS today ~ so I am not sure if I should just read another book or just wait it out for Monday to begin Magic Study - the second book to Poison Study.
First world problems. I know. 
Anyways! 
I *need* to look on the brighter side of life because I am always such a negative Nancy...therefore, let's try to be a little more positive.
It's Friday!
There, that's it. Lol.

So I said I was going to try more new recipes, but after the last fiasco {too much lemon}, I gave up. But I know that I shouldn't! So this weekend I will try something else again and maybe Travis and I could tackle it together. 
Martha Stewart always has amazeballs recipes on her site and her cookbooks....AND her magazines. So I like posting her shtuff. 
So here is another recipe I am going to share with you peoples!

Bon Appetit!
Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry with Peanuts
On the table in just minutes, this one-bowl Asian meal beats delivery. It's faster, tastier, and better for you. 
Everyday Food, March 2009

Prep Time: 15 minutes / Total Time: 15 minutes / Yield: Serves 1

Ingredients
1 teaspoon peanut oil
1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (6 to 8 ounces), thinly sliced crosswise
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1/2 to 1 serrano or jalapeno chile, thinly sliced crosswise
4 ounces snow peas (about 1-1/2 cups), stem ends trimmed
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped roasted peanuts
1/4 cup basil leaves, torn (optional)

Directions
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add chicken, cook until browned on one side, 2-3 minutes.
Add garlic, chile, snow peas, and 2 tablespoons water; cook until chicken is opaque throughout, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; stir in lime juice, peanuts and if using, basil.

Cooks Note
Freeze any extra chicken breasts for your next stir-fry; thaw in the fridge before using. For more spice, use a serrano chile -- it's hotter than a jalapeno. Both are available in red and green. For less heat, remove the ribs and seeds before slicing.


This is perfect for all those singles gals. 
Let me know if you give this a try!


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment