Wednesday, August 11, 2010

::recipe::

I promised a friend ( Amber! ) that I would post another recipe, since I did say in my very first blog that I was going to touch upon a couple of different topics, but I have strayed and focused alot on fashion and clothing! So here goes nothing!
This next recipe is one of my favorites and could be used as an amazing appetizer. It's a crab stuffed mushroom. I originally tried crab stuffed mushrooms at a fine-dining restaurant in Cambridge, Ontario called "Blackshop" ( great restaurant by the way! Check their menu out at http://www.blackshop.ca/ ), they had some pretty great food.
I wanted to try and remake this recipe for my boyfriend at home. You can use little cup cake tins or you can buy some inexpensive stove-friendly ceramic mushroom plates at your local culinary store.
This recipe is actually from Paula Dean. You can, of course, tweak it a bit to your liking. You can try a different seasoning, and I also love to throw some lemon juice on top after I take them out of the oven.
Hope you enjoy! Let me know how yours turns out and if you have any suggestions! <3


(Photo Credit: Google Images)
Ingredients


1 cup crabmeat
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
4 tablespoons Parmesan
House Seasoning, recipe follows
2 portobello mushroom caps, or 10 white mushrooms caps
1/2 cup bread crumbs

Nonstick cooking spray



 Directions


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, parsley, green onions and Parmesan. Season with House Seasoning, to taste. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and top with bread crumbs. Spray the tops with nonstick spray to help them brown. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is hot and melted.


House Seasoning Ingredients:

1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powder


-S*

No comments:

Post a Comment