Wednesday, December 19, 2012

::doggy:biscuits::

I legit think I am becoming a crazy dog lady ~ don't get me wrong, I totes don't think that is a bad thing...but I am pretty soon going to have to look for a part-time job for all the stuff I have been getting him {or at least this is what the boyfriend says, lol}. Nah, I am not going to. I just have to make sure that it is quality over quantity...don't want crap toys and whatnot, of course it is hard not to spoil your pup. I just want him super healthy and want him to be a happy baby. He is after all, only 14 weeks. 
I am trying to train him as well as I possibly can, let me tell ya, he is a chewer. That is for sure, so some bitter apple is in order. I also need to get some odor/stain remover from the pets store for those little accidents he seems to have at times...currently I am using Lysol Wipes, I guess that isn't too bad either. 
I am still sick and am in bed today - poor Travis is sick too and Lou'e is buck-lapping through the apartment, back and forth. Currently trying to destroy his pee pad.
I was up since 2am and still can't seem to get to bed so have just been perusing Pinterest when I found a blog called Pink Pistachio where there are some yummah treats for Lou'e for me to try! I want him to eat as natural as possible...so no typical dog treats and such...more so like pears, fruits/veg and the like. But of course I'd love to try a recipe and see what he thinks of it. ;) So this recipe is from that site, she has a cute little doggie named LuLu, which is funny because I call Lou'e LouLou from time to time...and Lou-cifer when he is being naughty. 

Lou-cifer, sometimes he just likes making a mess. One can say that he definitely has run of the house. Lol. 
This recipe I am going to give a go during my Christmas holidays. I hope that I feel better by then. Ugh, I just can't shake this cold! And I was feeling a bit better last night! Now poor Trav is sick...and I coulda swore that Lou'e was sneezing earlier today. ;) Can't be sick for Christmas!! 

So here is the recipe!
Bon Appetit!
{To the doggies of course, actually, you can probably eat these too but you would definitely need more sugar and such in the recipe.}


Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oats 
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon applesauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Knead into a well incorporated ball. On wax paper, roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick. Using cookie cutters, cut out treats and place on an unlined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container. 


What a fabulous idea and recipe! Would make a great gift too I think. :) I will definitely send some over to my Ma for little Ossy. :) 

Here is a pic of Oskar my Mom took. He loves belly rubs. :) 

 What do you guys think of cooking/baking for your dog? A little too cray cray? Lol. ;P
Hey, I used to cook for ChiChi too...although he wasn't very fond of carrots...judging by the orange stains in the carpet that I have. :P


-S.*

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm totally will you. I'm sure all my friends think I'm nuts with my dog! He is soooo cute!

Sandra G said...

Haha, it's all good though because they are so damn cute and make us so happy!! Thank you Kristen! :)

-Sandra.*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...