Wednesday, December 19, 2012

::doggy:biscuits::

I legit think I am becoming a crazy dog lady ~ don't get me wrong, I totes don't think that is a bad thing...but I am pretty soon going to have to look for a part-time job for all the stuff I have been getting him {or at least this is what the boyfriend says, lol}. Nah, I am not going to. I just have to make sure that it is quality over quantity...don't want crap toys and whatnot, of course it is hard not to spoil your pup. I just want him super healthy and want him to be a happy baby. He is after all, only 14 weeks. 
I am trying to train him as well as I possibly can, let me tell ya, he is a chewer. That is for sure, so some bitter apple is in order. I also need to get some odor/stain remover from the pets store for those little accidents he seems to have at times...currently I am using Lysol Wipes, I guess that isn't too bad either. 
I am still sick and am in bed today - poor Travis is sick too and Lou'e is buck-lapping through the apartment, back and forth. Currently trying to destroy his pee pad.
I was up since 2am and still can't seem to get to bed so have just been perusing Pinterest when I found a blog called Pink Pistachio where there are some yummah treats for Lou'e for me to try! I want him to eat as natural as possible...so no typical dog treats and such...more so like pears, fruits/veg and the like. But of course I'd love to try a recipe and see what he thinks of it. ;) So this recipe is from that site, she has a cute little doggie named LuLu, which is funny because I call Lou'e LouLou from time to time...and Lou-cifer when he is being naughty. 

Lou-cifer, sometimes he just likes making a mess. One can say that he definitely has run of the house. Lol. 
This recipe I am going to give a go during my Christmas holidays. I hope that I feel better by then. Ugh, I just can't shake this cold! And I was feeling a bit better last night! Now poor Trav is sick...and I coulda swore that Lou'e was sneezing earlier today. ;) Can't be sick for Christmas!! 

So here is the recipe!
Bon Appetit!
{To the doggies of course, actually, you can probably eat these too but you would definitely need more sugar and such in the recipe.}


Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1/4 cup oats 
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup creamy organic peanut butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon applesauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Knead into a well incorporated ball. On wax paper, roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick. Using cookie cutters, cut out treats and place on an unlined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Store in an airtight container. 


What a fabulous idea and recipe! Would make a great gift too I think. :) I will definitely send some over to my Ma for little Ossy. :) 

Here is a pic of Oskar my Mom took. He loves belly rubs. :) 

 What do you guys think of cooking/baking for your dog? A little too cray cray? Lol. ;P
Hey, I used to cook for ChiChi too...although he wasn't very fond of carrots...judging by the orange stains in the carpet that I have. :P


-S.*

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally will you. I'm sure all my friends think I'm nuts with my dog! He is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's all good though because they are so damn cute and make us so happy!! Thank you Kristen! :)

    -Sandra.*

    ReplyDelete