Tuesday, November 04, 2014

::bean:salad::

Winter is coming. 
Which means that Travis is going to be working loooong hours at work - it's okay....it's only 2 months...ugh...but 2 months also seem so long to stay a couple hours extra at work...for no reason...well, that's me. Because he's obviously getting paid OT to work...I just have to wait because I don't drive! Yes....I don't drive....
That is one of my goals for the year 2015...looking back on 2014...holy hell, a lot has happened!! A lot of changes...a lot of goals that were met. I was reading some goals that I had for the years 2012 and 2013 and I didn't much accomplish half of them. But this year, I did quite a bit....lose 50+ pounds for one. 
I am particularly hard on myself...instead of relishing in my accomplishment with losing over 50 pounds I am being hard on myself with not being able to lose the last 5-10lbs. Somewhere along the way the past few weeks I have lost a bit of motivation...I seriously do not want to burn out! I love going to the gym! I love the feeling you get after you push through a particularly difficult workout. I think what I have to do is mix it up a bit. I need to add something, or take something away. Maybe add more weight lifting instead of always doing cardio - things like that. 

Anyways...enough rambling...for now. 
I wanted to share a bean salad recipe that I have been making more of lately. Particularly for Travis but it's a great go-to meal, low in cal and high in fibre and nutrients. 
It's pretty basic. But thought I would share what I eat on a regular basis anyways. 
This weekend I think we are going to make a big ol' batch of chili. ;) My favesies...


Sandra's Extraordinary Bean Salad ;)

INGREDIENTS
2 cans {540 mL} of kidney beans - red or white
2 cans {540 mL} of garbanzo beans {chickpeas}
1 can {540 mL} of black beans
Small package of cherry tomatoes, cut in half {or whatever tomato}
1 medium size cucumber, cut into chunks
1 bunch of spring onions, sliced
Salt, pepper, vegeta, olive oil and vinegar
2 cans of albacore tuna

DIRECTIONS
Drain those beanies and rinse the excess sodium and starch off. Throw in a bowl. 
Chop your veg and throw in the bowl. 
Open and drain the tuna and chuck that in too. 
Then add about a teaspoon of pepper, teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon vegeta {this is optional and make sure it's the vegeta with no MSG}. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and about 5 tablespoons {or more, up to you how much vinegar you use} of white vinegar. 
Mix it all up and taste it! If you want to add more spice or something to the beans then do so! :) 


Super simple recipe! And it's oh-so-good for you too!! If you're not big on fibre make sure that you don't sit down and eat a whole huge bowl or you'll defo have some digestive issues the next day. So ease into it if you're not already eating a fibre-rich diet. 

How do you prepare your bean salad?? 


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment