Wednesday, November 19, 2014

::slow:down::


I am exhausted...but I am not particularly running around like a chicken with my head cut off...I just think the stress is catching up to me and instead of being mindful of it and engaging in healthy behaviors that allow me to reset at night I veg out in front of the TV or bitch and bitch and bitch on the phone to my Mom {not very productive, but a bit of a relief}. I just haven't really been present...and I need to get back on track. I was reading an article on my fave MindBodyGreen site on 10 Reasons to Slow Down....and I just wanted to share with you guys some of my favorites and ones I relate to. You can find the original article here.

You value your self-worth.
When we get caught up in constantly needing to do, we lose sight of ourselves. We lose sight of the soul within that needs to be nurtured and loved. We become more interested in using the externals for validation. Focus on yourself and the goodness you possess in the moment. 

You bring out the voice of the heart. 
For many of us, there's a massive disconnect between the mind and the heart. The ego lies in the mind. Take in this moment and let go of the control. By doing this, the voice of the heart can come out. 

Gratitude is embraced.
By taking the time to embrace the present moment, we can embrace the beauty that's right in front of us. Whether it's watching a child play in the playground or drinking a fresh cup of coffee, there is so much gratitude to be embraced if we choose to look from the lens of love. 

You truly accept. 
Acceptance is the solution to all the problems we have. By accepting there is absolutely nothing but goodness and love. This comes with taking the time to allow yourself to accept and internalize your true experience. 

*~*~*~*~*~*

Those are four that truly stood out for me. Which ones stood out for you from the article or can you relate to these ones? 

I'm out. Gunna pass out here shortly...lol. 


-S.*


No comments:

Post a Comment