Tuesday, October 02, 2012

::cauliflower:mash::

I was scolded the other day for not posting. :P When I said I was going to try and post at least once a day. So here I am again today. It's Tuesday {new magazine day!!} ~ there are so many magazines coming out today. The regular Oxygen issue, the fat-loss special Off The Couch through Oxygen, Shape, Self...and I think that is it. Pretty sure. Lol. Oh, Glamour is coming out too with T-Swift on the cover, not that I like her much, but I enjoy the magazine. I totally stopped getting the fashion magazines {unless a fave model or actress is on the cover} and am totally addicted to fitness and lifestyle 'zines. :)
Anyways...
I found this recipe on the blog Undressed Skeleton ~ and I have seen this recipe around but never bothered to really try it...I like how Taralynn is honest in all her posts and she said that this tasted just as good as the real thing so I think I am going to give this one a shot tonight as I have two heads of cauliflower and it would make a great snack throughout the day. I really hope it turns out. I will let you know ~ as I am an avid and obsessive potato lover.
Anywho, here we go!
 
Bon Appetit!
 
 
Cauliflower Mash
 
Ingredients
1 large cauliflower head
2 garlic cloves
Black pepper
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth {chicken broth works too}
 
Directions
1. Cut off large stems of cauliflower and chop up the remaining pieces.
2. Mash the garlic cloves.
3. Boil cauliflower and garlic in broth for 40 minutes {or until fork tender}.
4. Drain remaining broth after removing from stove.
5. Place cauliflower in an electric mixer and blend under completely mashed.
6. Top with pepper.
 
 
Pretty simple recipe to follow if you ask me.
I don't think I will use an electric mixer ~ I like mashed potatoes to be slightly chunky regardless so I think I will leave it to Travis to mash for me. :) I MIGHT add a bit of butter too. Who knows. I can't omit EVERYTHING in my diet, right?
Oh, which reminds me...I am back at the gym and have designed, printed and bound a Training Log Book at my work {thanks to my bosses}. I am loving it. And so far {even though it is only day 2, I know!} it is keeping me motivated. :)
 
 
 
-S.*


No comments:

Post a Comment