Tuesday, May 24, 2011

::cayenne:rubbed:chicken:with:avocado:salsa::

Growing up I wasn't a huge fan of avocado but now as I have grown I am beginning to take a liking to it. Especially loving it in salads; so when I found this next recipe my mouth watered instantly. It looks delicious and super-refreshing to have on a hot summer day. 

Bon Appetit!


Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken with Avocado Salsa
Cool, buttery avocado makes a soothing salsa - a palate-pleasing contrast to spicy meats, such as these cayenne-rubbed chicken breasts. 
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves {6 to 8 ounces each}
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely diced
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Hass avocado, pitted and cut into chunks

Directions
In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add chicken, and cook until browned on the outside and opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken topped with salsa. 


Sounds delicious! :)
I think I would probably also add a bit of vinegar to my salsa, since I love that little zing that vinegar gives veggies and just food in general. One of my favorite staples in the pantry. 
Let me know how you guys would modify this recipe or if you'd leave it as is. :)


-S.*

{Source: Martha Stewart Website}

No comments:

Post a Comment