Tuesday, May 10, 2011

::no:muss:no:fuss::

This recipe can be found on the Canadian Living website.
After my successful attempt with my potato roast I am kinda obsessed with baking and casseroles and such. So when I saw this recipe that includes two of my favorite veggies; mushrooms and potatoes...well - duh; I HAD to post!
There is also another recipe that I am going to try out that a good friend of mine had suggested; a seven layer casserole. But I need to get the exact details from him and if he is okay with it, then I shall post it!
But first, here is the mushroom and potato recipe for you guys!
Bon Appetit!


Cheesy Potato Mushroom Casserole
The ultimate comfort food! The stick-to-your-ribs hearty goodness of potatoes combined with tasty mushrooms and ham, and topped off with the gooey richness of cheese!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
This recipe makes 4 servings.



Ingredients
4-2/3 cups potatoes, sliced
1 cup ham, diced
1 cup mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. black pepper

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Wash and slice potatoes 1/4-in thick. {Be sure to remove any roots, eyes, blemishes, etc. before slicing.} Dice ham. In food processor or blender, puree mushrooms, garlic, onions, stock, milk, olive oil and pepper. Lightly oil a 9"x9" casserole or baking dish. Place a layer of potato slices in dish, spread puree over top to cover, add approximately 1/4 cup of diced ham and sprinkle 2-3 tbsp each of parmesan and cheddar cheese over top. Repeat until all of the potatoes are used. Pour any remaining puree and cheese over potatoes. Cover with lid or foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove lid, bake another 10 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and/or green onions, if desired.


Sounds easy enough - let me know if you guys give this recipe a shot. I think that I would sub the ham for bacon and I am not so sure if I would puree the mushrooms as much as I would layer them along with the potatoes.
I will let you guys know if I try this out in the next little while and what my thoughts are.


-S.*

3 comments:

  1. so cool blog! <3
    come to mine :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the lovely outfit.
    i will follow you until i finished my following list.
    hope to hear from you soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks amazing! You gave me an idea for tonight's meal.

    Thanks,
    Gladys
    http://sweetvintagelady.com

    ReplyDelete