Tuesday, May 24, 2011

::nom:nom:nummies::

Sitting here, with my stomach grumbling looking at food blogs doesn't help the growling belly - let me tell you. Especially this next recipe that I am going to share with you. I am hoping to give this a shot tonight but we'll see what the schedule is like for the evening. It seems super simple enough and apparently only takes 20 minutes to prepare so that sounds pretty good to me. 
It's also pretty healthy - definitely healthier then the burgers you'd get at a fast food restaurant. 
You can definitely sub some of the items in this recipe - I would probably definitely use multigrain thins instead of mini-white buns for a healthier alternative. 
Either way, let me know what you guys think of this recipe. 
Also want to mention that I found this recipe on BakedBree.com - amazing recipes and photographs over on that blog so make sure to check it out! :)

Bon Appetit!


Buffalo Chicken Sliders

Ingredients
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
slider buns or whatever bun you'd like
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup hot sauce {we use Frank's at our house}
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Blue Cheese Spread:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon vinegar
3 chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. 
Add the hot sauce, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to a bubble. I think that the honey is the most important ingredient in this recipe. If you do not include the honey, there is no balance, it will just be hot, this sauce has layers. 
I have really played around with this sauce recipe and it is the favorite in this buffalo obsessed house. While you are waiting for your sauce to come to a bubble, toast some buns.
Add the shredded chicken and cook until heated through.
Put all of the spread ingredients in a bowl. 
Mix it together. Give it a taste to make sure that it is seasoned properly. How easy is this? This is great on it's own to dip celery and carrots into if you do not feel like making a dressing for a salad. I also would imagine that a potato chip in that dip would be pretty divine as well. 
I made a little slider assembly line. I spread some blue cheese spread on one side and added the chicken on top. I put the top on and was done. 
There you have it. Dinner in 20 minutes. I have a few other ideas brewing using this technique. I cannot wait to try them out.


See how easy that was! My mouth is seriously watering just retyping this recipe to share with you guys. Make sure to check out her website though as well for more mouth-watering recipes. 
I think I may end up making this tonight and will keep you guys posted as to how it turned out, which I am sure will turn out amazing. :)


-S.*

{Source: Recipe and Photo from BakedBree.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment