Thursday, May 19, 2011

::recipe:time::


It's that time again! Recipe time! :D
I haven't posted a recipe in quite a while and decided that it is definitely time for a new one. 
First - a few things - I will now ramble off. 
My birthday is this Sunday! WOOHOO! I will be turning a quarter of a century old! That is, if it isn't the end of the world as it's going to be on Saturday at 6pm according to kookoobanana Harold Camping. So I think I may begin drinking at noon on Saturday just in case {kidding!}.
So yes, want to mention that I will be posting more and more editorials as I have a BILLION magazines and my great great friend bought me a full colour photo scanner for my birthday. HUGE THANK YOU TO HIM!
I am super super excited to have gotten this awesome gift and will be able to share with you guys amazing editorials!
Over the weekend I am also wanting to go to Red Lobster and I hope to get something very sparkly from my boyfriend. :) So fingers crossed and I will definitely keep you guys posted.
I also am probably going to make some cabbage rolls over the weekend too, since I just adoooore cabbage rolls and am obsessed with them. :) 
I could keep rambling but I have lost my train of thought so I will just post the recipe for you guys, lol. Hope everyone has a safe & amazing May 24 long weekend!!
Bon Appetit!

Buffalo Chicken Strips with Blue Cheese Salad
Although deep-frying requires cooking in a lot of oil, very little is absorbed by the chicken. The hot oil sears the exterior, sealing in juices and keeping out most of the fat. 
Note: A deep-fryer thermometer is the best way to monitor the temperature of the oil. Adjust burner heat during cooking to maintain a steady temperature. 

Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
1-1/2 cups {spooned and leveled} all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 equal-size strips
4 cups vegetable oil
Blue Cheese Salad {see next post!}

Directions
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in ketchup and hot sauce. Remove from heat; cover and reserve sauce.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 teaspoons water.

In small batches, dredge chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture to coat, shaking off excess. Dredge chicken in flour again. Place on floured sheet.

In a large {5-quart} saucepan, heat oil to 350 degrees on a deep-fry thermometer {a pinch of flour should sizzle when dropped in the oil}.

Add half the chicken; cook until golden brown, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Return oil to 350 degrees. Repeat with remaining chicken.

Toss chicken strips with reserved sauce {reheated if necessary} to coat. Serve with Blue Cheese Salad.


The Blue Cheese Salad is coming in the next post!! :)
I must say though, I am a little afraid of deep frying just because it seems scary - a whole pot of boiling cooking oil. BUT - hey, I am sure it won't be that bad and just make sure that you're safe...safety is key in the kitchen. Take all the necessary steps and precautions and if you're not familiar in the kitchen, then I would definitely have an adult or an experienced person helping you out with the deep frying. :)


-S.*

{Source: Martha Stewart Website}

No comments:

Post a Comment