Thursday, May 05, 2011

::frickles!::

Weee!
I loooove pickles {I sound like Snooki} but seriously, I love them and when I first heard of deep fried pickles I was a little irked to try them but when I did - O.M.G!
I seriously became overprotective of the pickles and wanted to eat them all to the point where I myself would become a deep fried pickle - aka. frickle.
So yummy.
But alas, they are deep fried and I can't eat many of them or I will turn into a transfat blob as well so you must imagine how excited I got when I found that you can bake these bad boys instead of fry them!
So obviously I immediately needed to share this joyous news with you guys and blog-force you to try these. I don't know what blog-force means but you get the picture.
Anyways - here is the yummylicious recipe!
Bon Appetit!


Oven Fried Pickles!
Makes 8 servings.

Ingredients
1 jar Kosher Dill Pickle spears {I will be using garlic dill}
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 egg

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Mix whole wheat bread crumbs, oregano and paprika in a shallow bowl. In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg.
Rinse pickle spears with water to take off some of the excess sodium. Dip in the egg mixture, than with the bread crumb mixture. Bake until golden brown.
Serve with low-fat honey mustard dip. {Or any kid of dip to your liking}


Can you beleive it is THAT easy?
I have also read on other sites that it takes about 10-12 minutes for them to bake golden brown in the oven but make sure you keep an eye on them so they don't burn or anything.
Let me know if you guys give this a shot and how it turned out - and if it's as good as it's deep fried counterpart. I know that I will definitely be trying these over the weekend and want to hear something even better? Per pickle it's like 20 calories!
Way better then 174 {!} calories for the deep fried ones.
So go out and buy jars and jars of pickles and eat them to your hearts content! :)


-S.*

{Source: busy-mommy.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment