Sunday, November 04, 2012

::fiesta:stuffed:pasta:shells::

There are always a tun of fantastic recipes on the Kraft Canada website as well as their little magazine that they send to you in the mail. 
The newest issue {Festive 2012} has a tun of mouth-watering recipes in there that I would love to try. One of them being the Fiesta Stuffed Pasta Shells. Such a simple and quick recipe and come on people, like, look at that picture? Does that not look freakin' divine?!
Anyways...I am sharing this recipe with you while making chili - which I will post later on! :) 

What better way to spend a super cold Sunday then under the covers, blogging, watching TV while chill is on the stove...lets not forget the crusty bread and lots of cheese!! 
I know, calorie overload...but this chili is super healthy so stay tunned for that. 

Bon Appetit!


Fiesta Stuffed Pasta Shells
Prep: 25 min ~ Total: 1 hour ~ Makes: 8 servings

WHAT YOU NEED
1 tbsp. oil
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onions
2 cups chopped cooking chicken
1 cup canned refried beans
2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
2 cups Kraft Tex Mex Shredded Cheese, divided
24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
2 cups pasta sauce
1 cup salsa
2 green onions, thinly sliced

MAKE IT
HEAT oven to 350F.
HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add peppers and red onions; cook 4 min. or until crisp-tender. Add chicken, beans and taco seasoning; cook 3 min., stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Spoon into pasta shells, adding about 1 heaping tbsp. to each. 
MIX pasta sauce and salsa; spread half onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Add shells; top with remaining sauce. Cover
BAKE 25 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese; bake, uncovered, 5 to 10 min. or until melted. Top with green onions

Substitute: Substitute 1 can {28 fl oz/794 mL} enchilada sauce for the pasta sauce and salsa. 


What an easy recipe! 
Would you guys make it any different? I think I would use ground turkey or ground organic chicken instead of the chicken chunks. More tex-mex I would say. I would also love to add some mushrooms in there too to make it a bit heartier. I love adding mushrooms to everything. 
What would you add or take it away? 
How can you make this healthier? 

Always leave a comment. ;) 


-S.*

{Source: Kraft Canada}

3 comments:

  1. Omg that just made my mouth water. I'd def switch to a shredded chicken breast or turkey ground, use smashed pinto beans instead of re fried, find a healthier taco seasoning, (pinterest has a ton), low fat or less cheese, and maybe see if you can find a whole wheat or brown rice pasta. Let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!! :) I really want to try it but I would use wholewheat. Still looks yummy
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen ~ good suggestions! I would definitely not go for the refried beans (not my thing), as soon as I try this I will let you know. And of course, the healthier alternative will be better. :)

    Lacey - Agreed! As much as white pasta is delicious it's definitely not very healthy.

    Thanks ladies! :))

    ReplyDelete