Thursday, October 20, 2011

::ripped:&:fit::


I can't say that I did that great of a job on my diet yesterday. :|
To be honest - I was doing pretty good...and then I just sorta fell apart. Whatever though. This time I am going in with a plan...I know that I should start today but I am going to build my goals up to the point where they are ingrained in my brain. I am going to place stickies all over the place along with inspirational pictures as well as carry a little book around with me...I am also going to go back to the gym starting on Monday. I am quite excited for that. I do wish that I could go with my boyfriend but it's the busy season for him at work so he is always working overtime. 
I am really excited to finally get back to being healthy! 
I found a bunch of inspiring tumblrs - one in particular being www.rippedandfit.tumblr.com that is incredibly motivating for me to be the best me possible. 
I want people to look at me and be proud of what I have accomplished and maybe be even slightly jealous. Lol. I need to not only do this for myself health-wise physically but emotionally as well. You feel a world of a difference when you are eating healthy and getting your daily exercise. 
Obviously will be updating all of you on that as often as I can. 
Other then that, I am pretty sure a recipe is overdue on this blog so let your mouth water away and try this one out. 

Bon Appetit!



Almond-Crusted Tilapia
Reminiscent of a restaurant-style fish amandine, this recipe easily doubles to serve a small dinner party. Almonds add such a rich, nutty flavor to the tilapia that even the pickiest eater will think it is delicious. Serve with green beans and mashed red potatoes with chives. 


Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 2 servings {serving size: 1 fillet}
Nutrition: 367 calories

Ingredients

1/4 cup whole natural almonds
2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend {such as Mrs. Dash}
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 {6-ounce} tilapia fillets
Chopped fresh parsley {optional}


Preparation
1. Place first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process 45 seconds or until finely ground. Transfer crumb mixture to a shallow dish. 
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brush mustard over both sides of fillets; dredge in crumb mixture. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a form or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.



Definitely sounds like a delicious and healthy meal - come on, fish and nuts?!
Anyway - I would probably try a different fish, such as halibut or haddock, as my boyfriend isn't the biggest fan of tilapia. 
Definitely a recipe to try soon with some green/yellow wax beans and 'taties. :)


-S.*

{Source: Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast, Oxmoor House, 2009}



No comments:

Post a Comment