Monday, October 24, 2011

::saucy::

In the city where I live we have a dozen hidden gems scattered throughout town that offer some amazing food. Some restaurants that were even featured on shows such as Restaurant Makeover on Food Network. 
There is a great place though that my parents found when I was growing up. 
They have some of the best Greek food ever. And I'm not even kidding. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 
I haven't gone there in a long time but would love to go sometime this weekend. 
They also have some of the best tzatziki sauce I have ever tasted.
This next recipe isn't from the restaurant but wanted to share with you anyway. I am going to try this recipe and see how it turns out. Hopefully it tastes exactly like the one I am so used to. Can't be that hard. ;)

Bon Appetit!


Tzatziki Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Serena Palumbo {Next FoodNetwork Star}

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
Level: Easy

Ingredients
1 small cucumber, grated
Bunch fresh mint, leaves finely chopped
Bunch fresh dill, leaves finely chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup Greek-style yogurt
Kosher salt

Directions
In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, mint, dill, lemon zest, and yogurt. Season with salt, to taste, and serve.


I think that was one of the shortest recipes I've ever posted! Lol. 
Let's hope it's a good one as well.


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment