Wednesday, October 12, 2011

::tasties::

Ever since Thanksgiving dinner - which was absolutely fabulous and freakin' delicious...I have been craving massive amounts of comfort food across the board. 
Right now I have a massive hankering for potatoes.
Actually - there is a fantastic dinner that my Mom used to make for us {and did when we were in California too} and it was actually one of the first dinners I cooked for my boyfriend. 
Even though you have to go through a massive amount of dishes it is sooo worth it. 
It's sunny-side up eggs, yellow wax beans {boiled}, cauliflower {boiled}, potatoes {boiled} with bread crumbs toasted in butter and then put on all the veggies. Omg. 
This meal is amazing! 
And something I will probably be making tonight. 
It's a super simple dish that doesn't require a massive amount of seasoning {except some salt for the water and pepper for the eggies}. 
My Dad's Mom used to make this too and I am pretty sure my Mamma's Mamma made it as well. 
Potatoes are definitely my most favorite vegetable ever...I love 'tatoes. 
Found this mouth-watering recipe on the Food Network website. 
Has all the elements of absolute deliciousness - a poutine {a French-Canadian to-die-for fries, gravy and cheese concoction} of sorts - except with mashed potatoes. 
This would go great with some grilled chicken and a nice salad. :)

Bon Appetit!


Bacon-Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network Magazine

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Level: Easy

Directions
Simmer 2 pounds small potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20 minutes; drain. Cool slightly, then peel. Heat 1 cup milk with 1/2 stick butter. Mash the potatoes with the hot milk and stir in 1 cup shredded cheddar. Top with crumbled cooked bacon and sliced scallions.



-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment