Thursday, October 27, 2011

::stuffed:shells::

I found this amazing blog that has amazing food photography and amazing recipes!
The site is called: "SkinnyTaste".
I stumbled across a recipe that is just begging for me to try it and if I wasn't doing so damn well on my diet this week I would make it RIGHT NOW. TONIGHT! Alas, I can plan this as a cheat meal and obviously portion control the crap out of it. 
Either way, this is an awesome recipe for a family get together or something you could freeze and eat as leftovers. 
I'm pretty sure you guys are going to find this as mouth-watering as I do. 

Bon Appetit!


Spinach Stuffed Shells with Meat Sauce
From Skinnytaste.com / Julie Hamilton

Servings: 9 • Serving size: 3 stuffed shells • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 9 pts
Calories: 360.9 • Fat: 12.8 g • Protein: 28.4 g • Carb: 34.3 g • Fiber: 3.3 g 


Ingredients
27 {9 oz} Barilla Jumbo Shells
1 cup onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
32 oz crushed tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper
2 cups part skim ricotta cheese
8 oz reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg
16 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed well
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano


Directions
Boil water and cook shells according to package directions, make sure to make them al dente.


Meanwhile, saute onions and garlic in oil. Add turkey and salt and brown until cooked, breaking up in small pieces. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil, then simmer on low, covered, about 15 minutes. 
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a large bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan. 


Once shells are cooked and cool, fill each shell with {about 2 heaping tbsp} cheese mixture and place on a large baking dish, or two small dishes, covering the bottom of the dish with a little sauce.
Top shells with half of the sauce, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes; uncover foil and bake 5 more minutes. 

Serve with additional sauce on top. 



My mouth is seriously watering...even reading this recipe...ahh! 
I desperately need to make this very soon. 


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment