Monday, October 31, 2011

::super:quick:recipe::

I haven't posted a recipe in quite a while...been going crazy with editorials lately haven't I. 
The weekend was a good one - I hope everyone had a splendid time as well. It was a really fast one where I woke up this morning and just didn't know where it went...it was a bit lazy as well. Especially yesterday where I refused to leave the bedroom. Watched some movies and read my book. It was good. Although I did fall asleep seriously early {before 8pm} because I woke up at 5am...missed the Leaf game and I am sure my boyfriend wasn't too pleased with this. He didn't really say much to me this morning and I think he's a bit pissed with me. I will totally make it up to him tonight though...since he doesn't read this blog anyways I am going to say that I will get him a little gift {the new Battlefield PS3 game} as well as make a delicious dinner...since again, I didn't make anything last night. 
I will probably make the most delicious dindin of life - sunny side up eggs, potatoes, cauliflower, yellow wax beans and toasted bread crumbs. It's the best combination ever. It's seriously a delicious dinner. I have mentioned it in the past here. You guys totally have to try it. :) 
It is also Halloween so HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone! 
Make sure the kidlets are dressed warm as it's a little chilly! Well, in Canada it is anyways. 
Anyways, away we go with this super quick recipe that's on the Everyday Food site. There are rave reviews about this - you'd think it would be pretty standard but apparently it's amazing! Lol. I will be posting more recipes throughout the day. :) 

Bon Appetit!


Sauteed Corn, Bacon, and Scallions
Raw or cooked kernels can be frozen in resealable plastic bags for up to six months. Be sure to write the date on the bag with a marker for future reference. 
Everyday Food, September 2003

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minute
Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients
4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
4 cups corn kernals
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
Pinch of red-pepper flakes
2 to 3 scallions, sliced

Directions
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes. 
Add corn kernals; season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until corn is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallions. Serve immediately.


-S.*

No comments:

Post a Comment